Daily Quote: "Tapering can be both challenging and fun. It is tough to not run as much because I love to train hard, but it is fun to feel all the extra energy. I often think to myself when I am tapering, 'So this is what it feels like to be a normal person.' During marathon training I am so tired and drained." --Ryan Hall, U.S. Olympic Marathoner who will be running the Boston Marathon this month.
My tapering is coming along well, I'm so full of energy and excitement that I wish my "Labor of Love 50k Race" is this Saturday rather than on April 25th. I'm treating this ultra-marathon training like it's a regular marathon and tapering similar to what I've done in the past, which was somewhat successful, as they say, "...if it's not broke don't fix it."
Good news, yesterday, Checker Cab had given me permission to have the day off on Friday, April 24th, which means I can get a full night sleep before the race!! Everything is falling into place, now if I can just remain injury free when I reach the starting line.
My blog does take second place to my training, hence I haven't been keeping up with my posts. So little time, so much to do. Anyways, since my last post my training has been:
Tuesday, Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday, General Aerobic Run, plus hills, 9 miles.
Thursday, Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday, General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Tomorrow I plan on running a 15 miler, which will be my longest run for the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Remember...avoid women carrying baggage as to avoid injury! I know, I know...it's the hazards that come along with job.
I'm excited for you and I hope you have safe taper leading up to the race! Looking forward to reading about a "truly long distance" run.
Yay, I'm glad you will have the night off before the run! I'm so amazed at people that can run so far!
Awesome! I'm so glad work gave you off! You definitely need the rest. I'm bummed I won't be out there serving you water and food now :( I hope you have an amazing race, stay steady and strong. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to finish, as I learned this week, it's just about getting across that finish line!
Will you be doing anything in the Devil race that Joyce @ Calico puts on?
So glad things are going well and the excitment is here. Also glad you're going to get a good night's slep before the race. Take it easy this wek!
I'm glad you got your time off before the race. I'm so looking forward to your race report!
Post a Comment