Daily Quote: "Foods with a lot of fat -- such as fried foods, cheese, hamburgers, or bacon -- digest slowly and will feel like they're sitting in your stomach." --Christine Luff, about.com running/jogging guide.
I'm currently striving to eat more plant protein and less animal protein, hence the above foods is not a problem before my run. Also, since I run in the mornings fried foods like hamburgers was never a problem. I do like a small bowl of Cheerios with bananas an hour before my run as it immediately prompts a bowel movement and then I'm good to go (sorry for the pun.)
Since yesterday was a Medium Long Run of 13 miles, today is an easy Recovery Run.
8:15 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time, 59:42 minutes. Overall pace, 9:57 minute miles. Out and back on Alta Road. Clear, 61 degrees, with no wind! Average heart rate, 141 bpm. Cardiac drift, 144 bpm. (Note my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm.) Shoes, New Balance 720.
Nice and easy conversational pace. The weather was perfect today as we had no wind!! Yesterday bought the allergy medicine, Claritin, which claims to be non-drowsy...I hope it works as I prepare for another long, 12-hour, work day driving Checker Cab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment