Daily Quote: After running, especially a long run, you want to replenish energy as quickly as possible. Studies have shown that muscles are most receptive to rebuilding glycogen (stored glucose) stores within the first 30 minutes after exercise. If you eat soon after your workout, you can minimize muscle stiffness and soreness. --Christine Luff, about.com running/jogging guide.
Eating after my runs is difficult for me as I'm just not hungry, I often force myself to eat a little protein and carbs like a small peanut butter & jelly sandwich to help replenish. Funny most runners have problems eating before running, me, it's the opposite.
Today's weather report in the "Las Vegas Review Journal" tells the story: Today ... Partly cloudy. Isolated rain showers in the late morning and afternoon. Areas of blowing dust in the afternoon. Windy. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph. Chance of showers 20 percent. Ok., today I was back to the treadmill as my allergy just can't handle the strong winds.
8:30 a.m. General Aerobic Run, 8 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade, all miles were at 6.3 mph. Average heart rate, 142 bpm. Cardiac drift, 148 bpm. Watched CNN News from the television monitor hanging from the ceiling. No aches nor pain, but mind became numb with boredom after 30 minutes. Shoes, Nike Air Structures #11.
Tomorrow is my 11th wedding anniversary and will schedule my Long Run of 20 miles for Sunday instead...it would probably be bad form to run for a couple of hours on our wedding anniversary! I do plan to squeeze in a short six mile run before my wife wakes up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Happy Anniversary tomorrow. Have a great day.
Happy Anniversary!!!! And good thinking on saving your long run until Sunday!!
Happy Anniversary to both of you!
Have a great run on Sunday, wise choice.
Happy Anniversary to both of you! Hope you and your wife have a wonderful celebration tonight! I should have FedEx a bottle of champagne to you since I have one that I didnt open last New Year's Eve.
I always eat bagel with peanut butter after my run.
Just catching up with your blog. Looks like you are getting alot of good runs in, happy anniversary (belated).
You know, I have trouble eating after my long runs, too. I usually have to force myself to eat something.
Happy Anniversary!
Hope you had a wonderful anniversary and hope the 20 miler went went to. Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment