Sunday, January 27, 2008

Busy Sunday

Busy Sunday!
Daily Quote: "Our society today has become so quick-fix oriented that nobody wants to work over a long period of time for one goal." --Terry Stanley, Winner of Two Presque Isle Marathons, 28 YEARS APART.

Yesterday was a Rest Day from training, we went to Glenn and Tanya's birthday party at the Sunset Bowling Lanes where we had a bowling birthday party. I had a high game of 199!!

We awoke early this morning, 6:00 a.m., as to pick up our PBA Tour Tournament of Champions tickets at the Red Rock Bowling Lanes will-call window. What a tournament roller coaster ride! The last match was something else, we watched the matchup of Chris Barnes and Michael Haugen Jr. where Chris had a huge lead, but when his ninth-frame spare attempt to pick up a sole 10-pin fell into the right channel -- perhaps six inches from its target -- Michael Haugen Jr. couldn't wait to step onto the approach. Barnes' gaffe helped Haugen, a right-hander, rally from a 52-pin deficit in the final four frames to beat Barnes, 215-214!!

We came home for a nap, and as my wife slept, I rushed for the gym.

12:00 p.m. 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. Weight circuit training, 25 minutes. Lifted weights primarily on the circuit machines, with the exception of my biceps and triceps, which I worked with dumbbells. I used barbells for my shoulders again today, and increased the weight by another five pounds!

Immediately after my weight circuit training I jumped into my cardio Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode #1. Life Fitness Cycle. Total time was 45 minutes. 8 minutes easy spinning, 30 minutes moderate, 7 minutes easy; cadence about 95 to 100 rpm. The effort was moderate to hard effort level. Today's cycling wasn't too strenuous and I should be strong for tomorrow's tempo run.

I was able to arrive home in time to take a quick 30 minute nap and then we left for the Gold Coast Bowling Lanes as to play our match in the Bishop Gorman League. We won three out of four!! Our teammate, Mary, has a new bowling ball and it hooks marvelously...she was the key to winning this match.

Quite the exhausting day! Next week we're planning on a more restful weekend.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Bruce...didn't you just do a 20 miler last week? If so, you should be due for an 18 miler this week.

I'm impressed that you have been able to keep so rigidly to the schedule.

Keep up the good work!
Charlie

robison52 said...

Howdy Charlie! You're correct, this week should be an 18 miler, not a 20 miler, but I've been considering on running long OUTSIDE this week and may attempt another 20-miler as to feel the difference...who knows, I might just settle for an 18 miler instead. Nevertheless, I've decided to do a tempo run today and save the Long Run for Wednesday when the cab business is slower and I have more energy.