Friday, January 25, 2008

5 x 1000 meters

Daily Quote: "Our running shoes are really erasers. Every step erases a memory of a past failure. Every mile brings us closer to a clean slate." --John "The Penguin" Bingham, Runner's World Columnist

Today is intervals, which is my toughest form of workout:

9:45 a.m. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. Warm-up: 2 miles @ 6.0 mph (10 minute miles). Intervals: 5 x 1000m @ 8.3 mph (7:14 minute miles). Jog intervals: 400m @ 6.0 mph. Cool-down: 1 mile @ 6.0 mph. Cardiac drift during the last interval was very high, 187 bpm! Note: my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm. During the fifth interval I was having problems with my running form, I was tensing up my arms and shoulders and could hear my feet slapping loudly on the treadmill's belt. I need to stay relaxed and loose in every repeat next week. I felt very tired and weak as I immediately left for work and am thankful today is FRIDAY!!

No comments: