Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ready-or-not-here-I-come!

Daily Quote: "Heartbreak Hill felt like a lovely summer day ... and then you get hit over the head with a hammer." --Will Ferrell, actor.

Last year I gave my supervisor my vacation time off request for the week of the Boston Marathon in April...yesterday my vacation request has been approved!!! We now have plane tickets (Jet Blue), our hotel (The Westin) and the time off! Boston, ready-or-not-here-I-come!

Early Morning, after work, 2:15 a.m. Warm-up: 10 minutes on rowing machine. Weight Circuit Training. Cool-down: 10 minutes on elliptical. I really enjoyed the ten minutes of rowing, which can be quite vigorous, dreaming about owning my own Concept 2 rower someday.

Later Morning, after sleeping eight hours, 12:00 p.m. Today's cross-training workout is called, "Cross-Training Workout #2, Mode 1," and trained exactly stated in the book, "Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster:"
Stationary cycling (45 Minutes)
Workout: 10 minutes easy spinning as a warm-up, alternate resistance between PE level of 4 (Level 4 is Hard. Noticeable increase in breathing; difficult to talk in full sentences.) for 1 minutes with 4 minutes of fast spinning at a PE level of 1 (Level 1 is Easy. No increase in breathing rate; can go all day.) Repeat this six times. Finish with 5 minutes easy as a cool-down. Tough workout, but not so vigorous as to affect my Long Run tomorrow.

2 comments:

vmJoe said...

Well Bruce, looks like you are commited now! Good job and keep on running! BTW- I've updated my blog and to do so more regulary.

-Joe

robison52 said...

Howdy Joe! Great to hear you're also commited by keeping yourself accountable with your blog...I've subscribed to your blog and will visit it regularly.