Daily Quote: "No matter how many years you've been running, the hardest part is always taking that first step out the door." --John Strumsky, President of the U.S. Running Streak Association.
Yesterday was a Rest Day and spent the whole day on the couch with the wife watching old movies. Later that night I was able to catch up on all my friends' blogs and about.com forum.
Today I'm back to training with back-to-back workouts, the weight circuit training and a different stationary cycle cross-training program:
10 minutes of elliptical machine, quickly followed by the weight circuit training program, which took about 25 minute to complete.
Cross-Training Workout #1, Mode 2 (from "Runner's World, Run Less, Run Faster" book).
Workout: Constant Spin workout of 60 minutes of fast cadence at more than 100 rpm. After 10 minutes, adjust the resistance to a perceived effort (PE) level of 2. This should not be a very taxing workout, but you should be sweating by 30 minutes. Reduce the resistance to a PE level of 1 for the the last 5 minutes. I was able to complete the workout easily, but legs were a bit wobbly when I headed for the gym's lockers.
I've now complete three different stationary cycling modes as explained in the chapter "How to Follow the First Training Program," (pg 106-08) and still have five other modes of cross-training stationary cycling to train! This doesn't even include the rowing machine and/or swimming mode portions. I'm definitely not bored with this FIRST program!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment