Daily Quote: "A higher-than-usual morning resting rate can give you advance warning of overtraining or of an oncoming bug, and thus give you that much more time to doctor yourself, back off on training, or to spend more time in bed." --John L. Parker, Jr., from his book, Heart Monitor Training for the Compleat Idiot."
My normal morning heart rates are approximately 38-41 bpm, imagine my surprise when I awoke and saw my heart rate was 55 bpm!! It's definitely a warning sign, fortunately next week is my scheduled cut-back, recovery week, BUT I still have one more hard workout yet this week, my Medium-Long Run. I should postpone tomorrow's Medium Long Run until Saturday, maybe longer depending on how my heart rate responds.
8:00 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time, 59 minutes. Overall pace, 9:50 minute miles. 24 Hour Fitness at Alta and Rainbow. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade, 6.1 mph. Average heart rate 148 bpm. Cardiac drift 153 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm.) Shoes, Nike Air Structures.
Not surprisingly, my easy Recovery Run heart rates are higher today too! Tomorrow, I'll do another easy run, but at a slower 6.0 mph for only five miles as to allow my body extra recovery time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment