Monday, March 16, 2009

SUMMARY: MARCH 9-15, 2009

Daily Quote: "The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop other people." --Randy Pausch.

Today is a Recovery Run of six miles, which was tougher to get out the door as I'm still suffering from allergies and didn't really want to run; my own little brick wall.

7:30 a.m. Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time, 57:42 minutes. Overall pace, 9:37 minute miles. Out and back on Alta Road. Partly Cloudy, 51 degrees, wind west at 5 mph. Average heart rate, 143 bpm. Cardiac drift, 149 bpm. The wind wasn't strong today, but still suffering from my allergies. I may need to see a doctor and get stronger drugs as the OTC drugs are ineffective.


SUMMARY: MARCH 9-15, 2009


Last week I ran a total of 54 miles, which is the highest weekly mileage for the year. I ran seven days again and continued my running streak...my last day I had off from running was February 14th, 2009! I've been suffering from allergies, primarily due to Mulberry Tree pollen, and has been affecting the quality of my training. Only six weeks until the "Labor of Love 50k" race and my mileage isn't what it should be, I'll just do the best I can with what I have.

I accomplished three weight circuit sessions last week and just maintained the poundage of last week with no increase in any of the weight stations.

My sleep has been fitful as the allergies are keeping me from sound sleep, although my sleep has been over 7 hours its not quality sleep. My morning heart rates are a little high, averaging around 43-47 bpm.

A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Recovery Run, 6 miles. Weight circuit training.
Tuesday: General Aerobic Run, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Medium Long Run, 10 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles. Weight circuit training.
Friday: General Aerobic Run, 7 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 6 miles. Weight circuit training.
Sunday: Medium Long Run, 14 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 56 miles.

3 comments:

The Running Bob said...

Love the quote. The brick wall is the test I look forward to overcoming. My answer is different every time.

Marci said...

Great work. What your next event?

robison52 said...

My next event will be the "Labor of Love 50k" race on April 25th. I was considering a 5k race for fun before the ultra, but a wiser choice would be to continue increasing my high mileage training.