Daily Quote: "Before, I ate bread with every meal and even between them. Now, I only have it once a day and it's always whole grain varieties. I have lost 10 pounds already. I figure it's also because doing without the bread means I'm cutting a lot of butter, too." -- April, 30, lost 10 pounds (and still going!), weightloss.about.com
I find that whole grain bread also keeps me feeling full longer as well and the extra fiber is healthier than fluffy white bread. I've noticed that the local grocery store now carries half-loaf bread in case you don't need a large loaf as well.
8:00 a.m. Recovery Run. 5 miles. Time, 49:50. Overall pace, 9:58 minute miles. Out and back on HWY 95 bike path. Average heart rate, 141 bpm. Cardiac drift, 146 bpm. A very slow recovery run, felt like I was barely running as I floated along the bike path.
Bought a new book by Sanjay Gupta, MD, called "Chasing Life: New Discoveries in the Search for Immortality to Help You Age Less Today." I'll undoubtedly quote the book once I start reading it at work tonight...one of the advantages of driving a cab when business is slow is reading books and magazines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Keep on Running. I will catch up on my blog reading when I get time. I hope you are having a great 2009. Take Care, and God Bless "You & Your Wife" is my prayer....
Jimmy ( : PS. You're Doing Great, and still a big inspiration to me.
I sure hope you arent reading WHILE driving :) I better watch out for you when I'm in Vegas!
I have virtually given up bread really, apart from rye bread... and i have given up chocolate - except the occasional chocolate coated thing which is a big big step as i am being soo close to no chocolate at all, but without being so strict that i will binge on it one day - (i hope !!!)
Post a Comment