Daily Quote: "Keeping body weight off is a long-term lifestyle choice. Gimmicks that produce impressively large, quick weight losses don't work in the long term. Short-term gains should not come along with long-term pain, like kidney problems, heart disease, cancer, bone and joint ailments and other problems that may be brought on with popular diet fads. If the weight was gained slowly, over a period of months and years, why would you expect to take it off healthily in a matter of weeks? Treating weight loss as a race doesn't work; it only makes the dieter more eager to quit the diet and go back to the eating habits that put them in need of losing weight in the first place." --"The China Study," by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II
I've been suffering my annual Mulberry Tree pollen allergy attack this week. My sore eyes are red and have been sneezing constantly. I can't take the stronger allergy medicines as they make me drowsy and can't safely drive my cab. This morning's temperature is 55 degrees, but with 15-20 mph winds compounding my allergy problem I decided to visit my gym's trusty treadmill.
Recovery Run. 8:30 a.m. 24 Hour Fitness on Alta Road. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. 6 miles at 6.3 mph. Average heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 150 bpm. (Note my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm).
The treadmill was fun for a change! My heart rate was a little too high as my body needs to adjust again to the consistent moving belt...I shouldn't have tried to duplicate my speed of past Recovery Runs. Hopefully the winds will die down tomorrow and can return to the roads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ugh! I hear you on the allergies! Spring is in the air... along with pollen, dust, etc. Good job on your treadmill run! I hope you feel better soon.
Uggg...wind and allergies.
Hope it all dies down soon.
The wind has kicked up here quite a bit and we have the same pollen problems. It's tricky to get out early enough to beat the winds, yet late enough that it's warm and light outside!
Post a Comment