Daily Quote: "The first study to examine the nation's supply of beef, chicken, pork and poultry for the presence of staph bacteria--including MRSA, a strain of staph that is resistant to most commonly used antibiotics--is an eye-opener. Nearly half of tested samples from popular retailers were contaminated with staph, and most strains were resistant to more than one antibiotic. The sources of the resistant bacteria are the animals, which are plied with antibiotics to counter unsanitary living conditions and boost meat production." --A.P., TIME Magazine, May 2, 2011, pg 27.
The above quote is in TIME's Health & Science page, tucked into a small column on the page...I feel this should have been TIME's cover story!! It's extremely alarming, but we continue to eat this poison. What are we Americans doing to ourselves? I rarely eat red meat, occasionally chicken, and fish about twice a week. I should start weening myself off the chicken now as well.
Just finished radiation treatment at Treadwell's office, and now must get ready to visit Quest Diagnostics for my weekly blood work. Today I work 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., but I'll have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off!! Tomorrow morning is chemotherapy and in the afternoon radiation...plus I need to squeeze in some time to visit Valley Hospital to pre-register for my food tube, the surgery is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Thursday.
Must RUSH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment