Quote: "It's not uncommon to go to bed thinking, 'Darn, I should have run today.' It's not common to go to bed thinking, 'I shouldn't have run today.'" --Scott Douglas, Running Times Magazine, "Scott's Original Miscellany" March 2011, pg 49.
Last Wednesday I registered for the 2011 Rock n Roll Las Vegas Marathon due to the special promotion for the "Largest Night Race in the World Announcement"...I paid $121 for my entry fee; last year's registration was $145. The marathon starts at 4:00 p.m. on December 4th and runs under the Las Vegas Strip's neon lights! The cut-off time is four hour and thirty minutes, which will make this more elitist than the Boston Marathon; I'm not too concerned about the cut-off time as I should be able to finish in the 3:30-3:40 range.
Thursday received this short note from my primary care doctor, Kyra Norris, MD, regarding my fecal globin stool test: "I have reviewed your results and wanted to provide you with an update. Thank you for choosing Southwest Medical Associates. The following test(s) are within the normal range: fecal globin stool test (presence of blood in the stool.) The result(s) will be discussed in more detail on your next appointment." I don't know how presence of blood in my stool is within the normal range, but doesn't appear to alarm my doctor, hence I'll keep pushing forward with my exercising. I'm no longer coughing nor spitting up blood, but do have a constant small dull ache in the back of my throat, undoubtedly due to the small lump near my larynx. I also have a small nodule in my right lung, which appears to be normal. I guess my old age is catching up to me.
My weight today is 175.9 pounds on my six foot frame! I'm so close on reaching my goal of 170 pounds!!
Last week I ran a total of 33 miles, which is the most weekly miles this year! My mileage base is still being built toward that 60 mpw goal that I have set for myself, I should be able to reach that base mileage by Fall, just in time for marathon training. I was still able to maintain my weight lifting and cross training too, but I felt extremely tired last week and should consider having next week as a cut-back or recovery week.
All my runs last week were at an easy aerobic pace of 60-70% of my maximum heart rate, which for me is around 9-10 minute miles.
Monday: Easy Run, 4 miles. Swam 20 laps.
Tuesday: Easy Run, 5 miles. Upper body weight circuit training.
Wednesday: REST DAY
Thursday: Easy Run, 4 miles. Swam 25 laps.
Friday: Easy Run, 5 miles. Upper body weight circuit training.
Saturday: Easy Medium-Long Run, 10 miles. Cycling, 30 minutes.
Sunday: Easy Run, 5 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 33 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment