Daily Quote: "I've always felt that long, slow distance produces long, slow runners." - Sebastian Coe
I've been taking the following vitamins and supplements:
--Centrum Silver Multi-Vitamin
--Glucosamine Chondroitin, Triple Strength (taken twice a day)
--7-KETO, 100 mg
--Aspirin, 5 grains
--Green tea, 150 mg (taken twice a day)
--L-Carnitine, 250 mg
--Chrominium Picolinate, 400 mg
--Fish oil, 1000 mg (taken twice a day)
I've been tempted to add even more supplements due to my starting strength training, but wonder if I should add more supplements as it's getting rather pricey. I may consider eliminating L-Carnitine, Chrominium Picolinate and Green Tea as to make room for supplements that'll help build strength.
I'm still recovering from the Salt lake City Half Marathon, therefore another Recovery Day.
6 miles. Time, 59 minutes. Pace, 9:50 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Route. Sunny, 82 degrees, Wind SW @ 5 mph. No heart rate monitor today. My body felt good, no aches nor pains, but the high temperature does make running the roads tough. I wore my Camelbak and it definitely came in handy. I'm afraid I don't have too many days of road running left before I'm forced on the dreadmill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hi Bruce,
I'm having the same problem with vitamin cost. I did the following search and found a way to cut my vitamin bill by about 40% by buying them onlne. Looks like I may be able to have my vitamins and afford to eat them too. :)
I like www.epinions.com and www.healthpricer.com
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=compare+vitamin+prices
The FDA doesn't regulate the supplements and vitamins and could be risky buying pills online. You could be getting a bargain, but the potency is weak, better to buy brands that you can halfway trust.
I see what you are saying, but these are just sites comparing name brand vitamin costs. WalMart vs. Rite Aid etc.
Hi Bruce,
I would like to add a comment about cost of supplements. Keep in mind that the cost of the supplement usually correlates directly with quality, manufacturing practices, and harvesting practices. This is very important to your overall health because a poor quality product will not be nearly as beneficial to you in the long run. With that in mind I would encourage you to replace the centrum silver to a whole foods based vitamin. I would also encourage you to purchase a vitamin that is NOT a one a day. Remember that you do get some vitamins and minerals from the food that you eat. Some vitamins you can take 3-6 per day. Look at what you are eating and decide what you need to take. Remember it is just a "supplement" to what you eat. Some protein bars these days even add massive amounts of vitamins and should be taken into consideration also. Even though a whole food vitamin is more expensive per bottle, if you don't take the maximum dosage it will bring the cost down.
I would also encourage you to take a look at the fish oil you are taking. I have heard rumors about the quality of fish oil. You may want to consider taking a salmon oil instead.
Green tea has many amazing benefits to your body that should not be overlooked including antiinflammatory and antioxidant properties. Maybe making a large cup of tea and taking it in the car with you each day would cut the cost of the price of the supplement.
I am sure that you are doing your homework on muscle building supplements so you may have already heard of colosturm. It is technically the "premilk" that comes out of a mothers breast that is packed full of immune boosters. It is also known for its ability to simulate growth, development, and repair of muscle skin, bone, and cartilege.
I did not know that you were taking aspirin everyday. We can talk about that another time. I hope that this did not sound like a sermon. Email me if you want to about anything about this.
Love, Jeanette
Post a Comment