Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Typical Easy Run

Daily Quote: "You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming." - - Frank Shorter

I need to remember that I can't run my typical runs like I did today as I need to reduce my mileage by 30% this week, which means I should have a total of about 42 miles...TODAY I ALREADY HAVE 29 MILES IN THE BANK!!(Sunday 10 miles, Monday 13 miles, Tuesday 6 miles.) I'll be slashing mileage for the rest of the week.

Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. 54 minutes. Pace, 9 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Route. Sunny, cooler at 60 degrees, Wind NNE @ 9 mph. Average heart rate: 151 bpm. Cardiac drift: 157 bpm. I felt very strong this morning and kept reigning my speed within the heart rate range of a recovery run.

4 comments:

Tall Girl Running said...

Heya Bruce,

I'm sure I missed this somewhere, but what's your goal time for SLC? Anything below your last PR or are you going for broke?

Regardless, you'll smoke me. But I'll be looking forward to it anyway!

robison52 said...

Howdy Angie!
My goal "range" for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon is between 1:40 - 1:49. My personal best of 1:49:57 was set a the Great Salt Lake Half Marathon last August, which will be my major goal to beat.

I'll also be looking for you and Allen at the Finish Line and/or Post refreshments.

Nat said...

Bruce-- Good luck! You are such a machine with the mpw! I admire your consistency.
And I am laughing at your 9 minute goal range, btw. Just say "PR"--which, btw, and I am sure you will. :)

robison52 said...

Howdy Nat! I read that it's best psychologically to have a "range" goal, but I was tempted to put "1:39 is my goal as I would just beat Nat's PB!"

I haven't been a machine with the mpw this week as I'm tapering. I'm enjoying the taper, but I also miss those long runs too. I guess I can't have EVERYTHING!