Monday, April 9, 2007

Reduced Long Run

Daily Quote: "The gun goes off and everthing changes... the world changes... and nothing else really matters." - - Patti Sue Plummer

Today is a Long Run.
13 miles. Time, 2:02. Pace, 9:23. Out and back on Lindell Route. Sunny, Warm, 73-75 degrees, Wind N @ 22 mph. Average heart rate: 152 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 159 bpm. Reduced my long run mileage as I'm beginning my two week taper for the upcoming Salt Lake City Half Marathon.

The wind was vicious today and did my allergies no favors. I feel miserable with itchy eyes and runny nose, I'm tempted to start running on the treadmill as to avoid the pollen, but torn on whether getting off the roads would be detrimental with my racing different surface conditions for the upcoming half marathon. I'll be purchasing more "Claritin" on the way to work this afternoon.

I ate too much last holiday weekend and it shows on the scale (2 pound weight gain), if I'm not careful I'll be gaining mucho weight from reduced mileage and increased calories. I'm tempted to purchase the liquid diet product "Boost" that'll help me control calories, yet provide sufficient nutrients.

No comments: