Sunday, January 15, 2012

SUMMARY: JANUARY 9-15, 2012

DAILY QUOTE:  During base training, lose the interval sessions.  Initially, 90 to 95 percent of your weekly mileage should consist of easy aerobic runs and the long run.  Your pace should be conversational, and the effort should not exceed 60 to 80 percent of your max heart rate -- well below your lactate threshold.  --Ed Eyestone, Runner's World Magazine, February 2012, article "Return to Base," pg 26.

I'm still adding more base mileage and needed to increase my long run. I did hit another milestone last Friday, I ran my first seven miler since post-cancer!   I find that Fridays will be the perfect time for my future long runs as I have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off from work and I have abundant energy for a long run on Fridays.  The downside of having a long run on Friday is that I have to work 12 hours as a cab driver Friday nights...makes for a very long day.

The following is last weeks training:

Monday: Run 5.0 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute miles)
Tuesday: Run 2.0 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute mile) & weight circuit training.
Wednesday: Run 5.0 miles. (treadmill, 10 minute miles)
Thursday: Run 2.0 miles, loop around home. (9:47 minute miles)
Friday: Run 4.0 miles. (treadmill 10 minute miles.)
Saturday: Long Run 7.0 miles, loop around home (9:58 minute miles)
weight circuit training.
Sunday: REST DAY
Total Weekly Mileage: 25 miles.


I only added one mile to my total weekly mileage, which was increasing my Long Run to seven miles.  My emphasis for the next couple of weeks is to increase my Long Run mileage to 10 miles.  Next Friday I will attempt an eight miler.

The following is my current weight training routine:
1. Abdominal Crunch. 3 sets of 15 reps on a incline board.
2. Leg Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 100 pounds.
3. Leg Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 70 pounds.
4. Leg Curl. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 65 pounds.
5. Chest Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 60 pounds.
6. Shoulder Press. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 35 pounds
7. Tricep Extension. 1 set of 15 reps. Weight: 35 pounds.
8. Lat Pull. 1 sets of 15 rep. Weight: 80 pounds.
9. Bicep Curl. 1 set of 15 rep. Weight: 35 pounds.
10. Low Back Extension: Skipped this workout due to sore lower back.


My lower back is better, but still a little sore, will skip the lower back extension next week too as to allow myself to heal and adapt.  I believe my lower back pulled a muscle due to my work, which is being a cab driver and lifting heavy luggage in and out of the trunk.  Needless to say, I can't avoid work, but can ask my passengers to help with very heavy luggage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Them helps you voice a person's personality plus placed your special fads. louis vuitton replica Taking into account your woman’s require for care, Lavie presents these folks by using a number of baggage out there. The following tasteful plus sophisticated make has an in depth to line of women’s baggage almost every function and also ambiance. fake gucci handbgas Its products and solutions unveil a basis with technology plus authenticity while in the layouts by using unique companies impacting a suppliers for a continuing base. Lavie purses and handbags come in high grade cloth. fake dior handbags Lavie’s fretting hand travelling bag group is made up of satchels, luggage, slings, hobos, common box baggage, handbags plus handbags and wallets ensuring that you hold a little something to suit any costumes. replica handbags A number with purses and handbags offered by Lavie is actually a fantastic mixture of great needlework, divine style and design plus high-quality with clothing. cartier replica Empowered by jet-setting gals globally, graphic designers with Lavie keep recently available fads under consideration plus style and design and offer exceptional plus personal purses and handbags this harmonize with its over-all identity.