Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Cancer Fight Returns

Daily Quote: "My cancer scare changed my life. I'm grateful for every new, healthy day I have. It has helped me prioritize my life. ~Olivia Newton-John

I sadly posted this update at my favorite running forum, About.com Running & Jogging Forum:

"Howdy!

Yesterday, I received the results of my routine cat-scan from last week. My cancer has spread to my back spine and my previous nodule on my chest in now twice the size. BUT, my neck and throat is still clear! I have more radiation in my near future. I'm waiting for the radiologist to call me and set an appointment...my radiation treatments will be five days a week, Monday through Friday. I don't know how the spine radiation will affect my driving a cab for 12 hours. The doctor stressed that additional chemotherapy would cause more harm than good at my current stage, therefore all I need to suffer with is radiation therapy now.

Also, I broke a left rib last Friday night from lifting a heavy toolbox into my cab. The only thing the doctor can do is give me pain pills (OXYCODONE/ACETAMINOPHEN) and advocate icing and rest. I won't take pain medications when I'm driving. It'll take 3-4 months for my rib to heal. Currently I can barely walk with the pain, not alone run, but plan on returning to running when I'm healed.

Needless to say, currently I'm pretty depressed, but striving to be more positive. I must emphasize that my wife has been absolutely fantastic in her support of me...I am blessed.

I need to update my running blog once I'm in a more positive frame of mind...a spin on my mother's saying, "If you can't say anything positive, don't say anything at all."

Oh yeah, just discovered a link here had already started about me...you guys and gals are simply amazing!!!

Happy trails, Bruce"

I feel better today, I'm now back in my "Cancer KickAss Mode!"  I'm still waiting for a call from my new radiologist (my HMO has found a cheaper radiologist), but Dr. Parks already told me radiation treatments will be for five days a week, Monday through Friday; I only need the time and place.

The pain medicine OXYCODONE/ACETAMOPHEN does help with the sharp rib pain, but also causes me to feel tremendously nauseous.  I'm going to have to find a good solution to fight this nauseous.

Today is going to be a day of complete rest, although I tend to research spine cancer and will undoubtedly study and play chess too.


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well-known for a chosen lifestyle make, Lavie, a in-house make of Environment Retail price has an divine collecting purses and handbags plus boots or shoes in order to reach a ever-growing goals with design sensitive gals of your current community. replica burberry Together with the establish with it has the initially travelling bag group 2010, there are conquered today's world featuring its sophisticated layouts. Eventually, that it was with your athletic shoe group for demand from customers out of it has the true prospects. replica dior Drinking a natural, attractive plus third party design of your 21st a single gals, Lavie strives so that you can please a Gen Gym women who will be really hardworking plus everyday life along at the spur of your moment in time. fake chanel handbags Together with the Bollywood diva, Kareena Kapoor’s position as being the make ambassador, a global recognition with purses and handbags doubled about sky-high concentrations. replica gucci Lavie includes an accumulation of stimulating extras this harmonize with any ambiance on the women. louis vuitton replica If you sense stylish and also funky, classy and also sensible, qualified and also carefree, Lavie contains a resolution for anyone.