Yesterday I ran a very easy 3-miler that was pain free, and today decided to test myself with a longer run of five miles. I've been avoiding my favorite training route that was on the old Las Vegas Marathon course as I didn't want to be frustrated and discouraged with not running this year's marathon, but surprisingly the course was uplifting as this was a good sign of new beginnings. I'm so happy to be running on Torrey Pines Road again!!
9:00 a.m. 5 miles. Time, 49:01. Overall Pace, 9:48 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines Road that traverses the old Las Vegas Marathon course. Partly Cloudy, 57 degrees, no wind. Average heart rate 143 bpm. Cardiac Drift 150 bpm. (Note, my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm.) Shoes: New Balance 520.
Run was pain free! I did have a small left hip ache at the beginning of the run, but once I was warmed up the ache quickly disappeared. Tomorrow I'll run another easy 3-miler, if I show any signs of hip pain I'll walk home.
I'm going to need to look for new running shoes soon as my old shoes mileage is getting rather high:
- Nike Air Structures: 488 miles.
- New Balance 720: 433 miles.
- ASICS DS Gel Trainers: 390 miles.

6 comments:
Welcome back to the roads!!
So glad to see you milage coming back up!
I'm glad that you had an uplifting experience and are feeling positive!
I love an easy 5 miler, my 4 mile time is not far off that! I did 4 miles in 51:28 the other day!!
Hey there! I just responded to your comment on my blog.
I totally agree with that quote. The difference in my running from before I was incorporating ab and core strength to afterwards was so noticeable! It also helps relieve stress off the back and that seems to be my personal problem area.
I'm glad to see you back on the road!
Bruce,
I'm sorry to read your streak of Vegas Marathons is coming to an end. It is better though you heal properly though.
I, too, have bad news in that I will not be running Vegas Marathon. After this year, maybe two years now of reading each others blogs, I was really looking forward to meeting you both and talking about the race afterwards.
The good news: there is a great reason for my canceling my race -- I have a great job opportunity for Planning Director's position at a ski resort. Ten years ago, this was a dream and I'm shocked that it may actually come true. Unfortunately, they scheduled interviews over the same week-end as the marathon.
I can't post this on my site yet as some people at work read my blog and I have yet to tell my boss who also is running the Vegas marathon. I guess he'll find-out shortly as well.
Hopefully, you could meet up with Tanya and give her some last minute encouragement and advice!
Next year, we'll have to give it a try again!
Have you ever heard of Youth Juice? I know you work hard at your body and YJ fills in all the gaps in ones diet....great stuff.
www.susanoseen.youryouthjuice.com
1. It's a full-spectrum multi-vitamin with 19 different vitamins, minerals, and phyto-nutrients.
2. It contains 7 whole ORGANIC Berries
3. It has 3 sea vegetables (one being Fucoidan, which has been studied extensively for many health benefits. If you google just Fucoidan alone, there have been over 750 studies done on it.
4. It has an ORAC score of 123 000 per bottle, 13000 per serving, which is the highest anti-oxidant rating on the market to date. (It is so high because it comes from whole foods, not just juice extracted from berries)
5. It contains 200 mg of Ellagitannins in every bottle as well.
6. We are a Functional Food, not a juice!
Post a Comment