Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Second Run

Daily Quote: "The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret to
getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into
small manageable tasks and then starting on the first one."
--Mark Twain

Today is my second run, same mileage, but on the treadmill instead of being outside.  I'm concerned about exhaust fumes, smog, and too much sun exposure.  I'm paranoid about getting cancer again. 

Location:  24 Hour Fitness on Rainbow & Alta.

Run:  Precor Treadmill set at a 1% Grade.  Warmup: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph.  Run: 1 mile at 6.0 mph (10 minute mile) Cooldown: 10 minutes at 3.5 mph.  Average heart rate 142 bpm.  Shoes: ASICS Trainers.

I have no aches nor pain after my run, my stomach wound looks much better, and my mood is fantastic!!

I listened to "Aerosmith Classics Live II" on my CD Player that made the time on the treadmill much less boring.

I've decided to run one mile everyday this week, except Sunday will be my rest day.  Suzie has Sundays off, plus gives me time to recover from working on busy Saturday nights.

1 comment:

Allen said...

Hi Bruce,

Things are looking great, so far! You should be concerned about secondary smoke, because scientists are learning that secondary smoke is as bad as primary smoke. Smoke is smoke, I guess.