Daily Quote: "Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be" --Marsha Petrie Sue
Today is my third day of running and also have to start my four day work week. I have many chores before I work at 12:00 p.m. To save time, instead of leaving for the gym's treadmill, I decided to run out my front door and do a loop around the neighborhood.
Weather: 9:00 a.m. 79 degrees with intermittent clouds, humidity 18%, winds south at 7mph.
Course: Loop around my home. West on Upland Avenue, South on Jones Boulevard, East on Alta Avenue, and return home West on Upland Avenue.
Workout: Warmup 10 minutes racewalking. Run 1 mile at 10:04. Cooldown, 8 minutes racewalking.
Effort felt very easy with heart rate average 141 bpm, with a cardiac drift of 151 bpm. No aches nor pain, but did feel a little tired after my run and if I had the time I would have had a nap. Shoes: ASICS Del Trainer.
Tomorrow will attempt to run 1.5 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, the weather in Vegas is nice, huh? Thats all I can think about right now ;) We've got really cold weather here ... and a wedding with an outdoor ceremony tomorrow.
On a more important note, glad you are out there and getting back into your groove. Congrats!
Post a Comment