Saturday, February 5, 2011

Result of Cat Scan

Daily Quote: Definition: "nodule"   In medicine, a nodule refers to a relatively hard, roughly spherical abnormal structure. Nodules may form on tendons and muscles in response to injury. The vocal cords may also develop nodules. Nodules are normally benign and often painless, although they can affect the functioning of the organ. --Wikipedia


Received the following on my personal site in "SMA Health Online:"

CT CHEST WITH CONTRAST:
ACCESSION #: 5090314 - CT CHEST WITH CONTRAST

TECHNIQUE: Iodinated contrast was administered and spiral CT imaging
performed through the chest.
FINDINGS: There is a single 6 mm nodule noted in the right lung base
on image #56. If the patient does not have any history of carcinoma
and is not a nonsmoker then a followup CT in six months is all that is
needed to ensure stability. If there is high-risk or smoker, then a CT
scan should be performed in three months without contrast to exclude
change. No other nodules are identified. The lungs are clear
otherwise. There is no adenopathy. The mediastinal structures are
normal. The upper abdominal organs where imaged are normal.
 IMPRESSION: Single nodule in the right lung base. See above report for
details. Followup is needed.


I already have an appointment with my primary care doctor, Dr. Kyra Norris, for February 21st and will have another CT scan scheduled in the next 3-6 months.
 
I've returned to running today, a short, easy three miler, at 9:56 mile pace.  Heart rate in the aerobic zone of 62-66% of my MHR.  NO ILL EFFECTS!! Not only did I not cough up blood, I didn't even cough.  I will continue easy running for the next couple of weeks to allow myself to fully heal.



5 comments:

Allen said...

Bruce, that is great news! Your running has saved your life!

Marci said...

Good news, thanks for keeping us posted!

Sara said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

lifestudent said...

I've got a nodule on my vocal chord ;) Its been there for years and all it does is cause a bit of a raspy voice and some sore throats. I can get it removed, but would be required not to talk for weeks, and then not above a whisper for a period after that. Yeah right.

Glad your news was positive and that you had a good return to running! Take it easy ;)

(Any clue how you get a nodule on your lung?)

ironmanbob2 said...

Sounds good but do the follow-up just to be certain.