Daily Quote: "Win or lose you will never regret working hard, making sacrifices, being disciplined or focusing too much. Success is measured by what we have done to prepare for competition." --John Smith (from the book, "Chicken Soup for the Soul.")
I've been lax in my blog postings as I was sick with the flu last week and only ran once last week. I'm better now with only one more week of tapering before the half marathon.
I'm currently in 9th place with only one more race left in the Las Vegas Track Club Competition Series, which will be the 2010 Las Vegas Half Marathon next Sunday!! Due to my sore right hip last summer, I will only complete nine of the ten events, the following was my results this year:
1/30 LVTC Club Championship 10K: 50:36
2/6 Kendall Tenney’s 9th Annual Run for a Wish 5K: 24:32
3/20 Run Away with Cirque du Soleil 5K: 24:28
5/1 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K: 24:08
8/7 LVTC Legends of Cross Country 5K: 25:20
9/18 LVTC Forest Challenge 11 Mile: 2:22:20
10/3 Four Seasons 11th Annual Season 4 a Cure Cancer Run 5K: 24:36
11/13 Max Muscle Marathon Tune-Up 10K: 53:34
12/5 Rock ‘n Roll Marathon Las Vegas Half-marathon: ???
Not only did I run in the above series events, but this year I had also ran my very first ultra-marathon, which was the "Labor of Love 50k Race" on April 11th, winning my 50-59 age group with a time of 7:08.
The year 2010 was a very active year, I had never ran so many races in a singular year before! Normally I would strive to peak for races by only running a couple every year with a marathon in December. The races were fun and the training kept me relatively healthy and fit, but my right hip flexor has suffered and still not fully healed. The big question for me is whether I'll attempt running the 2011 Las Vegas Track Competition Series?!? Maybe if I ran ten events next year I could achieve a higher result in the LVTC Competition Series? Perhaps a wiser choice would be to allow my hip to fully heal and work more on my upper body next year?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck next week!
I'm never good with resting an injury.
Regardless what you decide about next year, you've had a good year, Bruce! However, get your hip healed so it won't haunt you next year.
Post a Comment