Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sore Right Hip

Yesterday I ran on the treadmill for the first time this season due to 50 mph gusts.  Planned a General Aerobic run of six miles at 6.5 mph (9:14 minute mile) pace at a 1% grade, during the last mile my right hip became painful, finished the mile and took it easy for the rest of the work day. I also iced the hip twice and am taking ibuprofen every four hours.  Undoubtedly, I did too much, too soon, on the treadmill, that's a little different from my usual road runs. 

Today my right hip is still sore and taking the day off from running.  Last Fall I had a left hip joint injury and I'm going to be extra cautious with this possible injury and taking the rest of the week off from running.  I'm considering on taking Allen's remedy of Arnica, which he takes externally and internally. 

I'll continue my upper body weight training, but will skip my lower body workouts.  Should try swimming tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope that hip is back to normal soon!

funderson said...

OH my gosh! That wind was brutal. I was down there for a wedding on Sunday in Valley of Fire...nothing like a sand blasted wedding..

greentigress said...

I really hope your week goes well and that you are better by next week! shame - same old injury??

robison52 said...

Howdy Greentigress!
Nope, this hip injury is on the outside right hip...my previous injury was the hip joint, inside of left hip. Just call me a "Hippie!"