Daily Quote: "Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. NO EXCEPTIONS. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races. If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years." --2011 Las Vegas Marathon website.
Sadly, I won't be able to run the Las Vegas Marathon this year as I'm undertrained due to my cancer fight this year. Unfortunately, I registered for the marathon back in January before I discovered I had cancer, and according to the Competitor Group I won't be able to get my entry fee returned. Oh well, I'll go down and get my goodie bag with the race t-shirt anyways.
I'll have a somewhat frustrating marathon experience as I'm scheduled to work Sunday night and with the Strip closed from 3 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. it's going to be a crazy night! Many hotels and casinos don't have back entrances, but I'll try to drop off my passengers as close to the hotel as I can.
Needless to say, I'll be depressed Sunday night as I wish to run the marathon too!! During my work shift I plan on wearing my 2008 Boston Marathon cap as to identify with my brothers and sisters in running shoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, it is sad that you won't be running the marathon this year. But, you have a long life ahead of you, and there are marathons waiting for you to run. Maybe you could volunteer to help with the race?
I'm sorry to hear that you won't get to run in the marathon this year, Bruce.... but you did do a marathon of sorts this year.... the most important one of your life.... and you won it. :-)
Now there is plenty of time to get yourself prepared for your next road race.... just remember, 'baby steps, baby steps!' ;-)
Post a Comment