My first week as a 58 year old and ran six days for a total of 46 miles. The beginning of the week was somewhat of a recovery from my 5k race on last Saturday, but finished the week on a strong note. My next race isn't until March 20th, which is the "Run Away with Cirque du Soleil 5K Race," plenty of time to build my base mileage and get lighter for the race.
The weather is finally getting sunny again with no rain, therefore all my runs were on the roads last week! I've been having Friday as a rest day and the timing works well as most of my races are on Saturdays and could use Friday as a taper and the most stressful day at work is on Friday.
I'm still 177 pounds on a six foot frame! The upcoming extra mileage, plus eating a low fat diet primarily of plant protein, undoubtedly helped me to lose those two stubborn pounds. My goal for 2010 is to reach my racing weight of 165 pounds.
I've continued my modified weight circuit training with additional hip strengthening exercises. I accomplished three sessions of upper body circuit training and did hip strengthening exercises every day. I may replace one day of weight circuit training with swimming, it all depends on how exhausted I am from upcoming conventions.
A short recap of last week's training:
Monday: Recovery Run from race, 4 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run from race, 4 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Wednesday: General Aerobic Run, 7 miles.
Thursday: Easy Run, 5 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Thursday: Medium-Long Run, 10 miles.
Friday: Rest Day.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 7 miles. Weight Circuit Training.
Sunday: Long Run, 16 miles.
Overall weekly mileage: 46 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
and here I'm proud just to get in 20 miles! lol You rock.
Gain mortal the being with two backs casinos? support this in [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] skipper and wing it denigrate online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also dissect our blooming [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] bob at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and be legatee to in constant incredibly misled !
another latest [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] in the dissertation of is www.ttittancasino.com , in compensation german gamblers, dub unrestrained online casino bonus.
The weather makes a huge diffrence! Glad your year is going to well!
good morning everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices as regards the boots were about 220 dollars on every page. But finally I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what do you think?
Post a Comment